Thursday, May 12, 2011

An Amish Love - by Beth Wiseman, Kathleen Fuller, and Kelly Long

The best way to describe these three warmly written stories about Amish love is: faith, commitment, compassion, and real life.  These are not stories about the Amish way of life, but a portrayal of Amish love, as the title says. While reading this book, one can feel the strong commitment and caring for others that just leaps off the pages, which is a lesson in itself. 

These stories are clearly written. While the point of the book is not so much how the Amish live, but rather love stories, it is obvious that the authors were well versed in the Amish way of life.  The Amish faith came through strongly in this book and whether the reader is a Believer or not, you will enjoy this book. The lessons of love are well received and I personally was able to relate to one of them as I am going through the same experience.  I felt like the one particular story was timely written for me and I was meant to read this book.  

I absolutely recommend this book to anyone wanting to read stories that are: insightful, enjoyable, warm, loving, and leaving one with a sense of gladness and hope. My thanks and gratefulness goes to the Publisher who has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book through Booksneeze.

No comments:

Post a Comment